Born in Canada, Linda Evangelista began modeling as a teenager and soon caught the eye of fashion photographers Steven Meisel and Peter Lindbergh. She eventually became one of the best-known of the notorious nineties supermodels, celebrated for her ability to enliven the boxy power suits, body-hugging dresses, and sinuous minimalist designs of the times. Now in her late forties, she continues to make even the trickiest runway designs look fantastic and regularly books editorials and covers with major international publications today. Meanwhile, her off-duty style has become more streamlined in the past decade, consisting mostly of sleek gowns and crisply tailored suits, usually topped off with movie-star sunglasses and those impeccable eyebrows. Enjoy a look back at her style evolution in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like