Younger than her fraternal twin Ashley by two minutes, Mary-Kate is often considered the edgier Olsen. While her sister is now fully focused on their multiple fashion lines, including the critically acclaimed luxury label The Row, Mary-Kate has continued her solo acting career on top of her design work. Known for their love of black leather, floor-sweeping hemlines, and baggy layers, the sisters loosely coordinate their outfits for public appearances, but Mary-Kate often takes the more provocative route, favoring plunging necklines and thigh-high slits. She usually sticks to clothes by The Row, occasionally mixing in other labels like Dior, Alaïa, and Chanel. Enjoy a look back at her fashion evolution (and brunette moments) in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken