Carolyn Giles, a model on Ford's books, filed a $23 million lawsuit against her agency, Volvo, and Hertz, accusing them of misusing her image in an advertisement for a Volvo-sponsored dating event and making her look "like [someone] you'd see in the old yellow pages directories under escort services." The photo was originally an ad for Volvo's S4, taken five years ago, but she stumbled upon it recently online after being alerted by an ex-boyfriend. Awkward. We should also mention that the image in question shows Giles in a car, fully clothed, and putting on a seatbelt — so maybe she looks like a responsible escort?
Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
- Astrology GIFs for the Week of December 9, 2013
- Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act