Paradis sat down for Harper's Bazaar's most recent issue, two days before she and Depp announced their amicable separation. She told the magazine (without mentioning the J-word), "Love is the strongest and most fragile thing we have in life ... Nothing is ever for sure, but when something in love doesn't work from the beginning, it's never going to work. Don't push it," adding, "Sometimes you could be in an unhappy relationship; you are very much in love with someone, but it's making you unhappy and you think things can change and you can work it out." Like her words don't tug at your heartstrings! But in August's French Elle, she remarked, "I don't want to talk about [Johnny] ... Who said that artists should sell their soul, expose everything about themselves? … It's my duty to promote this movie [Cornouaille], and my albums, but can you imagine what it feels like to see people making a business out of your pain! What's happened to us is our concern." Okay — now we feel shittier about the whole thing. And neither article mentions the hand-holding incident on July 19, nor the double rainbow, the babies crying, and the Ryan Lochte–grill-sparkle that likely accompanied it.
69 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison
Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 69 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time
- Lindsay Lohan Implicated in Hilton Bro Beating
- Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison
- Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
- Astrology GIFs for the Week of December 9, 2013
- Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack