It's shaping up to be a glossy season, thanks to all of the patent leather and PVC pieces on the runways at J.W. Anderson, Marni, and Derek Lam, to name a few. In stores now: Tibi's vinyl pencil skirt (perfect for pairing with a silk blouse), Shakuhachi's cap-sleeve leather dress, and trash & vaudeville's Deville vinyl jeans. There's plenty of accessories to choose from, too, like Jeffrey Campbell's jelly tote, or Yves Saint Laurent's mirror-like belt — a sleek, sexy choice for completing any outfit. If these attention-grabbing items worthy of a Steven Klein editorial are a bit too much, try adding some shine to your beauty bag. Swipe on a deep purple lip gloss by Tom Ford, slick back your hair with Bumble and Bumble's Gellac, or mix in Lancôme's Eclat Miracle with foundation to create a glow. And for something even subtler, pick up OPI's Every Month is Oktoberfest nail polish. Click ahead to see 22 high-shine items for fall.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza