It's shaping up to be a glossy season, thanks to all of the patent leather and PVC pieces on the runways at J.W. Anderson, Marni, and Derek Lam, to name a few. In stores now: Tibi's vinyl pencil skirt (perfect for pairing with a silk blouse), Shakuhachi's cap-sleeve leather dress, and trash & vaudeville's Deville vinyl jeans. There's plenty of accessories to choose from, too, like Jeffrey Campbell's jelly tote, or Yves Saint Laurent's mirror-like belt — a sleek, sexy choice for completing any outfit. If these attention-grabbing items worthy of a Steven Klein editorial are a bit too much, try adding some shine to your beauty bag. Swipe on a deep purple lip gloss by Tom Ford, slick back your hair with Bumble and Bumble's Gellac, or mix in Lancôme's Eclat Miracle with foundation to create a glow. And for something even subtler, pick up OPI's Every Month is Oktoberfest nail polish. Click ahead to see 22 high-shine items for fall.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament