Long before these women were one-name wonders, slogging long hours during fashion week, dating movie stars, or starting charities, they were just little girls from all over the world, with no clue what lay in store for them. While we truly believe there are no ugly children, it's probably fair to say some are cuter than others. Since DNA plays the all-important role in a model's life, we decided to go back to the early days of some of the biggest names in the business — including Arizona Muse, Chanel Iman, Natalia Vodinova, Liu Wen, and Joan Smalls — to see if the signs of supermodel-dom were always there. We'll let you be the judge. Enjoy our slideshow of family snapshots, given to us by the models themselves, looking cuter than we even expected.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads
- Dirty Levi’s Jeans Sell for $36,100
- Best Bet: Mango Patterned Sweater
- Padma Lakshmi Played Belly-Button Peekaboo