As summer takes its last gasp, there's an upside: it's finally time to dip into the new fall clothes. That doesn't mean you have to shove your gauzy skirts and denim shorts into the corner of your closet; simply mix in a few fresh pieces. Take a cue from Annaila from Montreal, who topped off a lace shift with a draped brown blazer. Or Alicia from Berlin, who paired white sandals and shorts with a long sleeve knit. Stylist Elisa Nalin illustrates how to wear a heavy tweed skirt in mild temperatures — just add a lacy pink top, a yellow blazer, and satin sandals. Click through to see all of these looks and more in our late summer street style breakdown.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament