For our first installment of "Shopping With a Guy," The Cut takes Alex Karpovsky of HBO's Girls to the Steven Alan Annex in Tribeca for a little summer pick-me-up. While browsing the racks full of Acne, Filson, and Isabel Marant, the screenwriter and actor, who has a role in the upcoming Coen Brothers' film Inside Llewyn Davis, spoke freely about his style preferences. He's doesn't like "dick whiskers," but he is a fan of the "Jewish lumberjack" look. "I'm just a picky little bitch sometimes about what I like to wear," he explained. Watch the video to see what catches his eye, and find out if he really likes pants with a slim leg.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve