In New York City, a place better known for its relentlessly ambitious professionals than its beautiful weather, the concept of "Summer Fridays" can seem incongruous. But for those lucky enough to have a workplace that encourages beach time, taking off at 1 p.m. (or maybe 3 p.m. for overachievers) at the end of the week is a no-brainer. We sent photographer Bek Andersen to capture people as they left their offices with bright bags, elaborate seasonal nail art, wedges, and sunglasses. It's no coincidence that Summer Fridays dovetail nicely with that other corporate tradition: Casual Fridays. Click though our slideshow of workday wear that transitions just as nicely to the Hamptons as it does to meeting friends for margaritas on a rooftop somewhere.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb