While it may still be best known for its world-famous choir, Republican voter base, and love of green Jell-O, the face — and wardrobe — of Salt Lake City, Utah, is getting a makeover. While the conservative Latter-Day Saint culture still prevails (happy hour specials are illegal), the city isn't nearly as homogenous as you might think. The valley is home to plenty of fashion-loving women— both Mormons and non-Mormons — who don't hesitate to express themselves (sometimes in sequined vests). We sent photographer Chuck Grant to capture some of these ladies — a mother of four with a successful communications company, a young boutique owner, and a college professor, to name a few — getting dressed and hanging out together. Click through our slideshow to see a fusion of cowboy boots and strapless dresses, patterned dresses and bright tights, vintage tops and costume jewelry.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament