Devoted readers of Tavi Gevinson's website Rookie know that the 16-year-old spent her summer "vacation" on her inaugural Rookie Road Trip, a goodwill tour of sorts through U.S. cities. Between mingling with fans, eating cupcakes, and blogging about fans and cupcakes, Gevinson managed to steal away for some shopping — at off-the-beaten-track thrift shops, obviously. Her prize purchase? “I just bought a red, white, and blue windbreaker with Coca-Cola and American flag patches," she tells The Cut. "I found it at a vintage store in Portland and thought it would go perfectly with the other stuff I packed. Yesterday, I wore it with a top from the fifties that says ‘JET-SETTERS’ on the back and a red cheerleading skirt. Super Americana, back-to-school clothes." Yes, literally back-to-school, not just "fall is coming" — perhaps she'll wear it to the first day of her junior year this September.
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split