Gabby Douglas handled all that ridiculous grief about her gelled-back half-ponytail like a real champ — by basically dismissing it. ("I just made history and people are focused on my hair?") But now comes the news that Ted Gibson, stylist to Anne Hathaway and Angelina Jolie, will be personally tending to the Olympian. In an interview, Gibson tells the Daily Beast that he had been personally offended by the attack on Gabby: “You have this young girl doing amazing things, and the conversation becomes about her hair? It was ridiculous and shameful.” He claims that he won't try to make the 16-year-old look 25 and that he wants her to "feel good about herself." Fair enough. But please, Ted — don't make her hair look like this.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?