Victoria Beckham first became known for the tiny black dresses she wore as Posh Spice, the unsmiling and supposedly snobbier member of nineties girl group the Spice Girls. (In the movie Spice World, she asks her cohorts which to wear: "The little Gucci dress, the little Gucci dress, or the little Gucci dress?") In 1999, she married hunky soccer star David Beckham and began pursuing a number of fashion design projects, including her own denim line with Rock & Republic and later an eponymous fashion collection that has since won accolades from the high fashion community — no small feat for a former pop star. A walking advertisement for her label, which specializes in sculpted, sexy-yet-prim designs that flatter a woman's figure, Beckham favors ladylike, impeccably-tailored dresses, always worn with a towering heel. See her fashion evolution in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like