Between all the runway shows, street-style galleries, parties, and interviews at Fashion Week, it can be hard to filter out the noise. So now that the weekend is over and shows are at the halfway mark, we've combed through The Cut's 24-hour feed to bring you the best moments from spring 2013 so far. Read on to catch up and get excited for all the coverage still to come in the next five days and on into London, Milan, and Paris.
1. The jock-fashion crossover is now an established part of Fashion Week. Aside from the usual crew of basketball players with (Amar'e Stoudemire) or without (Russell Westbrook and Chris Bosh) clothing lines, various Olympians are making the rounds, headlined by Ryan Lochte (who has been the subject of unvarnished, panting lust), Nathan Adrian (The Cut's new crush), and Sanya Richards-Ross.
2. Another Fashion Week tradition: a "classic" model returns to the runways. This season it's Naomi Campbell, who had the crowd gasping when she walked Zac Posen alongside a collection of model star power that will be tough to top this week: Coco Rocha, Karolina Kurkova, Alex Wek, Liya Kebede, Crystal Renn, and Hilary Rhoda. Carolyn Murphy came back for Jason Wu, too.
3. Tout fashion was at Carine Roitfeld's classy launch party for her new magazine at the Frick last night. See the pictures here, and watch The Cut's exclusive video interview with Roitfeld to hear about the unique format of CR Fashion Book.
4. The Cut's new runway galleries are pretty swanky. Check out our report cards for every major show, featuring editors' favorite looks, trends, color palettes, and more. Then get a 360-degree view on each collection with front row photos, video, beauty looks, details, and, for the first time, back shots.
5. Don't forget: You can zoom on most Cut photos now. Take a look at our daily Zoomshots, which present looks that really benefit from a close-up view.
6. Intriguing sightings so far: Liberty Ross, continuing her post-l'affaire-Stewart tour by walking Wang; David Beckham generating shrieks and screams at Y-3; the crowd losing it for Lauren Conrad like The Hills is still on; and Lena Dunham's chic new crop.
7. As for how good the shows are this season, we're still waiting for many reviews to come in, but Joseph Altuzarra's reinvention of the denim jacket and Alexander Wang's sexy, seductive collection were early hits with Cut critic Lynn Yaeger.
8. More early runway highlights: Thakoon's super-feminine prints; Derek Lam's sweatshirt tops and sparkly embellishments; Prabal's sportswear; Jason Wu's super-cosmos outer space gown; Peter Som and Earnest Sewn's printed shirt collaboration; and Google Glasses at DVF!
11. Ever wondered what the model's-eye view is like? The Cut strapped a video camera onto the head of a model at Rachel Comey so you can see what it's like to be a six-footer walking the runway.
12. Cut photographer Dina Litovsky has been roaming the tents all week in search of gorgeous images. Some favorites: emerging from the mist at Prabal; lipstick-smeared Jason Wu; and what are these models watching?
13. Of course, there's also the show around the tents, captured by Cut photographer Youngjun Koo. Favorite street-style moments so far: black leather, pink hair; Susie Lau's shoes; this chain lock necklace; gun bag; and of course Kate, Anna, Shala, Grace, Taylor, etc.
14. The street-style photographers themselves dress pretty well these days.
15. The Cut doesn't just send photographers to the shows; we've got fashion illustrators, too. You'll want to look at Samantha Han's beautiful watercolors from backstage at Wang, Leger, and Tess Giberson.
19. People continue to make faces in the Cut Photobooth at MADE. Join them!
21. Nick Gruber and Peter Brant II sing karaoke. No words.
Most Viewed Stories
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
Donald Trump Spent the Morning After the Debate Fat-Shaming Miss Universe, Again
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber Are Separating After 11 Years Together
Uh-Oh, Is Rob Kardashian Feuding With Kylie Jenner?
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.