For the last four years, Emmanuelle Alt has stuck to a distinctive look: a tailored blazer tossed, a button-down shirt or a tee, cropped slim jeans, and either a sleek pump, sexy sandal, or ankle boot. Her devotion to her uniform even extends to black-tie affairs — others wear ballgowns; she chooses a tuxedo jacket and silk trousers. And unlike other street-style stars, the French Vogue editor-in-chief recycles her pieces, like a black leather belt with three gold buckles, photographed on several occasions. While Alt's clothing is typically Balmain or Isabel Marant (where her husband serves as creative director), you can find similar items at J.Crew and Zara ... or in your own closet. Click ahead to see how to get a day's worth of Alt's style.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her