Since this season marks the first time we've shown our runway coverage with a back view, we've culled through the collections to bring the best looks for making a dramatic exit. With their low cuts, long trains, sparkling spangles, and popping colors and patterns, there were plenty of backs from the New York spring 2013 shows that had us craning our necks to get a good last glimpse before they left the runway. Among them: Altuzarra's popping cobalt blue embellished draping; Alexander Wang's laser-cut leather details; Jason Wu's leather harnesses; Diane Von Furstenberg's neon ombré look with a trailing scarf; and Monique Lhuillier's Yves Klein blue-lace fishtail train. Click through to catch the front-row perspective of New York's 25 best rear views. And then revisit our runway collections to see back looks on all the top shows.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament