There's something lavish — regal, even — about the color plum. It's classic yet off-beat enough to be the perfect counterpoint to fall's military, baroque, and high-shine trends. From Marc Jacobs's bouclé wool-blend jacket and Jil Sander's penny loafers to 3.1 Phillip Lim's peplum top and Pashli satchel (we couldn't narrow it down to only one of Lim's hits), there are plenty of ways to work the hue into your wardrobe. And we'd be remiss if we didn't mention cult beauty classic Clinique's Black Honey lipstick. Just a swipe will bring back all of your best and baddest memories of the nineties. Click ahead to see 30 ways to wear the shade.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate