There's something lavish — regal, even — about the color plum. It's classic yet off-beat enough to be the perfect counterpoint to fall's military, baroque, and high-shine trends. From Marc Jacobs's bouclé wool-blend jacket and Jil Sander's penny loafers to 3.1 Phillip Lim's peplum top and Pashli satchel (we couldn't narrow it down to only one of Lim's hits), there are plenty of ways to work the hue into your wardrobe. And we'd be remiss if we didn't mention cult beauty classic Clinique's Black Honey lipstick. Just a swipe will bring back all of your best and baddest memories of the nineties. Click ahead to see 30 ways to wear the shade.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve