Few things in life are more amusing than twins who dress alike, so let's take a moment to reminisce about the years 1991 to 2002, when the Olsen sisters walked red carpets (and turned up to photo ops) in coordinating outfits: think overall dresses and high ponytails wrapped with red bandannas; long-sleeve, ruffly, and tiered gowns, with opaque white tights and flats; and, as tweens, striped tube tops and silver necklaces nearly entering choker territory. Once the girls began to dress like two separate people, Mary-Kate took the provocative route, while Ashley looks more, well, put together. She can wear a plunging neckline or a turtleneck, a pantsuit or a cutout gown, or a strip of AstroTurf and Lennon sunglasses to the Opera — and get away with it without being mistaken for her sibling ... at least not by us, anyway. Click ahead to see the actress turned designer's best style moments.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve