All this week, we'll be sending fashion illustrator Samantha Hahn backstage to capture some of the season's most ethereal beauty moments and inspirations in watercolor. At Tess Giberson, the designer played on the theme of "reassemble," employing a white-on-white color palette and rich textures like wide mesh and silk, with the beauty look inspired by an Icelandic warrior princess. Makeup artist Nina Soriano went flushed and feathery with a full brow and a neutral, highlighted lip. Hair was all about the "cool girl," a messy, voluminous look that made ample use of Bumble and bumble Surf Spray. Click ahead for our artist's gorgeous take.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like