Alexander Wang's spring 2013 collection was all about sharp linear cutouts and neutral colors, and when our artist Samantha Hahn went backstage with her watercolors, she zeroed in on some of the most striking details. Shapes were boxy and sophisticated with plenty of leather and a few exotic skins, while shoes were strapped high up models' calves. Hairstylist Guido Palau added an edgy accent to the ponytail by placing a strip of black or white duct tape across center parts, and the beauty look aimed for flawless and sexy, with a bold brow and rosy cheeks. Click ahead for Hahn's portraits.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her