Clearly pulling a page from Penney's Mother's Day catalogue, Barneys New York cast Arizona Muse and Magda Laguinge in its new women's campaign photographed by Paolo Roversi, "with the innuendo that they're lovers," WWD reports. Creative director Dennis Freedman explained, "It's not hitting you over the head, but they're two women," standing in close proximity to each other, wearing designer clothing. Definitely lesbians! Lest you think the retailer is playing up fall trends, the paper reminds us, "Barneys has been a big supporter of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) in support of its Americans for Marriage Equality Program, via its Perfect Pairs shoe campaign and last holiday season's Gaga's Workshop, sales from which benefited the Born This Way Foundation." So, they were ahead of the trend. How trendy.
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra
- Office Stress Is Contagious
- Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Post-Baby Reveal
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 14 Days to Go!
- Paltrow, Anderson Diet Show Gets ‘Major Network’