On Friday, models Anna Cleveland (daughter of Pat), Mia Rosing, and Suzie Bird all walked into the Serge Normant for John Frieda salon in New York. Colorist Harry Josh was on hand to do each girl's first dye job ever, just for the Zac Posen show. Thirty minutes later: a trio of new looks, courtesy of Frieda's at-home Precision Foam Colour system. Josh took Rosing's naturally red-highlighted brunette a deep espresso to match her brows; Bird's original shade of "dishwater" (Josh's words — not ours — we swear!) brown became a multidimensional mix of pearl, brown, and beige (who knew beige could be an acceptable hair color?). And finally, Cleveland, whose born-with-it hair color is a sandy light brown, was given a rich chestnut hue. "I knew I was in good hands," she said backstage at the show on Sunday. Mother Cleveland was standing nearby (in a figure-hugging ivory Zac Posen dress) as hairstylist Luigi Murenu fixed her daughter's hair into "luscious waves" for the show. "As a mom, I told her that she should keep her color because I was afraid those natural highlights would disappear," she said. "But look at it! It's amazing and I'm certainly not disappointed; in fact, I'm going to fix my own at-home red mistake of a dye job with the same stuff soon!" The takeaway? Pat Cleveland colors her hair at home and makes mistakes, too — just like us!
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It To 'Saturday'
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel