Prabal Gurung's models were the best-dressed ghosts we've seen at fashion week so far. Makeup erased holiday tans to make complexions appear more ethereal, and shine serum at the ends of the hair created a detached, ivylike effect. The nails, inspired by artist Anish Kapoor's various blood-themed works, appeared, well, bloody. Sally Hansen manicurist Tracylee used an artist's "stringer" brush (which can make "beautiful, skinny lines") to drip Angel Bite polish (a deep oxblood shade) on each bare nail, as if a dribble of fresh blood were making its way down the cuticle. To finish, a top coat was painted over it to "give that naked part of the nail some shine." The result: very ghostly goth with a wallop of elegance.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat