For spring, the Marc Jacobs girl isn't tan and fresh off a holiday. Instead, she's definitely paler than usual, even a bit rock and roll (more into long nights out). To be precise, Francois Nars explained that the beauty look was inspired by Edie Sedgwick, but with an "updated and fresher" appeal (it is for 2013). He took out all the "heavier" elements that made Edie, Edie (thick lashes and too much eye makeup), instead mixing in a little Greta Garbo (thin black lines in the crease of the eyes) for a result that was still strong, but not too overdone. Redken's Guido Palau teased hair into low ponytails, with swept-over, low-hanging side parts that ended up looking like faux bangs. There was some height at the crown with random strands pulled out to give the hair a "slept in, grungy" finish. And there were a few brunette models who went totally Edie (read: bleach blonde), with the help of Laurie Foley.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat