It's turning out to be Mod Wednesday with Laura Mercier's Talia Shobrook also taking inspiration from the sixties for Marchesa's spring 2013 show. "Back then, it was all about wearing heavy eyeliner above the eye," the makeup artist said as she prepped Jessica Stam in Vanderbilt Hall at Grand Central Station. "But today, we're updating it by placing the liner underneath. And the gold leaf adds that extra touch of richness." The trick to keeping the delicate gold specks affixed to the skin is to first dab on some Egyptian Magic, then lightly pat them on with a Q-tip. "Gold is never a drab color; it's one that always has impact," Shobrook remarked — and we'd expect nothing less from designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, what with the Emmys right around the corner and all.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament