Last season, camera bulbs flashed nonstop backstage at Alexander Wang as Gisele, Shalom Harlow, and Karolina Kurkova were prepped to make their surprise appearance on the runway. This time, probably because Mrs. Brady is busy being pregnant, the beauty look was the big secret. Makeup artist Diane Kendal and hairstylist Guido Palau were good at keeping their lips sealed, and colorist Laurie Foley was on hand to bleach all of the blonde models' eyebrows ... but why? Foley wouldn't say; however she alluded to a possible finale "lightshow" (!!!). And their faces were highlighted with unusual amounts of white shimmer on their temples, cupid's bow, and cheeks, so we're thinking those areas will glow. Everyone's hair was parted and accessorized with a strip of electrical tape — the brunettes got black; the blondes, tape was that off-white. We're looking forward to seeing if our super-sleuthing worked and whether Wang has been watching Tron on repeat.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament