Last Tuesday, while most people were mapping out their Fashion Week attire, CND manicurist Michelle Huynh was already at hard at work handcrafting press-on nails for Rodarte — it's the fastest way to get the job done backstage. She first painted each nail with a blend of CND's Desert Suede and Frosting Cream polishes. Then, as those dried, she made a custom color, mixing the aforementioned hues and the brand's Chocolate Milk. She then painted the concoction across sheets of wax paper, allowed it to dry, cut it into skinny strips, and finally placed them on each nail with tweezers to create a woven pattern (the inspiration was "modern medieval," by the way). It took fifteen minutes to make one nail, and over 200 hours to create the 30 sets needed for the show. Talk about dedication to the cause.
Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You