At last Friday night's 3.1 Phillip Lim hair and makeup test, Nirvana blared through the speakers (apparently how designers party during fashion week), and seeing as the collection included florals and plaids, NARS's Francelle Daly decided to channel an early nineties grunge girl. "I kept the skin as natural as possible," she said, using the brand's new Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer to give models' complexions a certain glow. "There was a little sun-kissed bronzer action across the bridge of the nose and cheeks, like they've been out at Coachella all day." Daly loaded up eyelashes with mascara (seriously — she used eleven coats), then pinched them (adding even more mascara) to really capture that rocker girl effect. Lips were finished with NARS's pinky-peach Biscayne Park Satin Pencil (available next March) and de-shined with a tap of translucent powder on the mouth — because polished and glossy, a Cobain girl is not.
Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO