Beyoncé Knowles's sense of style can be traced directly to her mom Tina, who sewed all of her daughter's performance outfits since well before the days of Destiny's Child. Beyoncé later helped Tina start the House of Deréon clothing line — known for its liberal use of Spandex, sequins, and animal print — and continues to source much of her wardrobe from the label. But now that she's a major international pop star and beauty icon, she has her pick of top fashion houses when it comes to getting dressed, from Givenchy to Emilio Pucci to Rodarte. It's clear that fashion plays an essential role in her life, whether she's performing, walking a red carpet, or sitting courtside at a basketball game. Enjoy this look back at her ever-evolving style over the years.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament