Beyoncé Knowles's sense of style can be traced directly to her mom Tina, who sewed all of her daughter's performance outfits since well before the days of Destiny's Child. Beyoncé later helped Tina start the House of Deréon clothing line — known for its liberal use of Spandex, sequins, and animal print — and continues to source much of her wardrobe from the label. But now that she's a major international pop star and beauty icon, she has her pick of top fashion houses when it comes to getting dressed, from Givenchy to Emilio Pucci to Rodarte. It's clear that fashion plays an essential role in her life, whether she's performing, walking a red carpet, or sitting courtside at a basketball game. Enjoy this look back at her ever-evolving style over the years.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives