Surprisingly, Dior face Natalie Portman wasn't among the first batch of select few celebrities to wear Raf Simons's debut couture collection in public. But her time finally came last night, and it didn't disappoint: Not only did she get to wear one of the collection's most celebrated pieces — a textured, crystal-studded, white strapless gown with a dramatic full skirt — but she wore it with her new blonde hairdo that everyone's fussing about. One qualm, though: The dress was originally made to fall to the mid-shin (tea-length, as they say), but on Natalie, it reaches all the way down to the floor. Obviously she's a petite lady (only 5'3", says IMDb), but seeing as couture gowns are custom-made and all, couldn't they have hemmed it for her?
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament