Surprisingly, Dior face Natalie Portman wasn't among the first batch of select few celebrities to wear Raf Simons's debut couture collection in public. But her time finally came last night, and it didn't disappoint: Not only did she get to wear one of the collection's most celebrated pieces — a textured, crystal-studded, white strapless gown with a dramatic full skirt — but she wore it with her new blonde hairdo that everyone's fussing about. One qualm, though: The dress was originally made to fall to the mid-shin (tea-length, as they say), but on Natalie, it reaches all the way down to the floor. Obviously she's a petite lady (only 5'3", says IMDb), but seeing as couture gowns are custom-made and all, couldn't they have hemmed it for her?
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her