From the neck down, Gucci's spring 2013 collection would be the perfect wardrobe for living "the Life" on Italy's Amalfi coast. Each ensemble was a singular, vibrant jewel tone (some necklines were embellished with actual jewels) — and the ruffles! What joy! What fun! But, from the neck up, Frida Giannini told an entirely different story. Eyes were rimmed in smoky black, lips painted a sheer nude, and hair tightly (like, instant-face-lift kind of tight) pulled back into sculptural knots. The result: an "if looks could kill" look, except she's wearing a yellow, ruffly dress.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve