With a modeling career that began before her first birthday, Brooke Shields made her mark as a child star and then hit it big as a teen — Vogue's youngest cover girl, that Calvin Klein campaign, a fascination with Dynasty's campy wardrobe (when you're Brooke Shields, shoulder pads are A-okay). And because Brooke knew everyone in the eighties, her party photos feature cameos from young Jacko, Matt Dillon, Debbie Harry, Prince Albert of Monaco ... and Gene Simmons. While her star power may have waned in the years since, her outfits have not — Shields still brings the glamour to red carpet events. The only thing missing now is the big hair.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat