Costello Tagliapietra turned out their usual fare of slinky, comfortable looking dresses at Milk today, sticking to soft jersey cottons marbled with dusky green, blue, and red prints. While gathered fabric is often part of their repertoire, the designer couple (who took their bow in their trademark plaid shirts and suspenders, their glorious handlebar mustaches waxed to perfection) introduced something new and interesting in their collection: butt ruching! Allow us to explain: Many of the dresses featured ruching down the lower spine, which effectively accentuated the rear. (This is commonly done with bikini bottoms of the more scandalous variety.) Should you have an ass worth highlighting, this would be a good way to go about it.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat