Costello Tagliapietra turned out their usual fare of slinky, comfortable looking dresses at Milk today, sticking to soft jersey cottons marbled with dusky green, blue, and red prints. While gathered fabric is often part of their repertoire, the designer couple (who took their bow in their trademark plaid shirts and suspenders, their glorious handlebar mustaches waxed to perfection) introduced something new and interesting in their collection: butt ruching! Allow us to explain: Many of the dresses featured ruching down the lower spine, which effectively accentuated the rear. (This is commonly done with bikini bottoms of the more scandalous variety.) Should you have an ass worth highlighting, this would be a good way to go about it.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like