Now that the New York Fashion Week dust (or, er, confetti) has settled, you might find yourself shifting into London mode. But if you're using the weekend to catch up on the week that was (as we are!), then read on and check out some of our very favorite videos that we produced at the spring 2013 New York shows — and find out what we learned while making each one.
1. Rachel Zoe is just like your spontaneous haircut friend! She debuted brand-new, impulsive fringe backstage at her Wednesday show before sending several fanny packs down the runway. Excuse us. Waist pouches.
2. Wearing roller-skating platform sandals might make it easier to get around New York Fashion Week, but people will point and stare, and you might break an ankle because of the un-supportive footwear — so, basically the same risks the models are facing. (Click the play button above and see what happened when we wore them to Lincoln Center.)
4. Ryan Lochte wasn't the only golden boy trotting around the tents this week. Fellow U.S. Olympic swim team member Nathan Adrian was here, too! And apparently feeling very uncomfortable with the fact that he had to wear pants. Who required this, and where can we submit a complaint?
5. The showgoers at MADE Fashion Week knew the fashion devil was in the details and accessorized accordingly, showing off an impressive assortment of breathtaking bags, fancy footwear, and stunning shades and shiny things.
6. Do not mess with the MTA, even if you are Marchesa. Also, who knew the police were so concerned with models slipping on banana peels? Is this common?
8. Jason Wu didn't expect model Carolyn Murphy to have a good walk. He was mistaken.
9. Somehow, Prabal Gurung finalized a 38-look collection and still managed to obsessively keep up with the Republican and Democratic National Conventions coverage. How many hours are in your day, Prabal?
10. Okay, now we totally get why an Hermès Kelly bag costs more than black-market kidney.
Most Viewed Stories
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.