Last spring at Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs experimented with broderie anglaise, a form of lace that incorporates patterns composed of eyelets, to create ladylike looks that were both diaphanous and sturdy. This season, designers delved into guipure lace, another hearty rendition of the normally delicate embellishment. Guipure, made from applying needle work to a mesh background, took the form of an airy black coat at Thakoon, while Derek Lam crafted a matching bralette and midi-skirt look. Over at Tibi, designer Amy Smilovic kept it clean with a white lace top and matching cropped trousers.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza