Last spring at Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs experimented with broderie anglaise, a form of lace that incorporates patterns composed of eyelets, to create ladylike looks that were both diaphanous and sturdy. This season, designers delved into guipure lace, another hearty rendition of the normally delicate embellishment. Guipure, made from applying needle work to a mesh background, took the form of an airy black coat at Thakoon, while Derek Lam crafted a matching bralette and midi-skirt look. Over at Tibi, designer Amy Smilovic kept it clean with a white lace top and matching cropped trousers.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament