With her wavy cloud of dark hair, wide leonine eyes, and sharp cheekbones, Diane Von Furstenberg has always been a striking woman. When she started her eponymous dress label in 1970, she served as her own model, sparking the wrap dress phenomenon with which her brand has since been synonymous. She herself rarely wears her famous silhouette anymore, instead preferring to swathe herself in colorful caftans printed with her signature bright patterns. Never overdone or uncomfortable-looking, she exemplifies a sensual, devil-may-care attitude toward dressing. Click through to see highlights of her fashion moments from 1970 to the present.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve