Fashion Week has gotten exponentially less dangerous since we started covering it six years ago: This time, we had no photo-pit tramplings. No near-death experiences at the hands of packed venues alarmingly full of candles. We were never inadvertently part of a mob scene trying to crash a show (R.I.P., Heatherette), and we never got swept up in a paparazzi scrum chasing Lindsay Lohan to her waiting limo. When you consider that on our first day ever at any Fashion Week we saw Nelly punch some dude in the face at a Baby Phat show, these are some major achievements. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a fun week. Here's our traditional farewell superlatives post, noting everything from best-looking in person to worst hair to our favorite cases of mistaken identity. See you in February, when hopefully all of the above will still hold true. Although, if Nelly wants to start something, we won't complain — a fistfight makes for great copy.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate