Say what you will about Kanye's fashion label, but the man dresses himself with intent. Even in his early days, when his wardrobe consisted mostly of sweatshirts and blingy chains, he stood out in bold color combinations and lots of pink. A champion of the white tux, he often paired fancy sneakers (he now designs his own for Nike) with crisp black-tie attire on the red carpet. He later began edging his way into the high-fashion world, choosing Versace and Dior over hoodies and jeans, and trading in baggy pants for slim-fit; he also experimented with flashy statement pieces like huge fur coats and funky sunglasses. He has no shame when it comes to label worship, either, once wearing a women's Céline blouse to perform at Coachella. Enjoy a look back at his fashion evolution in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her