So, what is it about London that makes everyone want to dress like a walking Magic Eye? Not that it hasn't been entertaining to watch. On the last days of the British shows, however, the wave of prints ebbed slightly, allowing for color-blocking (photographer Candice Lake), a three-piece black suit (Tank's Carolina Issa), and jeans (stylist Barbara Martelo, you rational soul, you!). But, of course, there were a fair amount of patterns — see singer Jade Williams's burgundy dotted blazer and trousers, Yasmin Sewell's ornate top and matching two-tone sunglasses, and Chioma Nnadi's plaid pants like it's 1992 in a punk club/Christmas morning. Click ahead to view these outfits and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament