Arriving fashionably late to the spring 2013 runways, many A-list models decided to swing by Milan — and casting directors took full advantage of their presence, evenly distributing the girls among 41 of the city's top shows. Karmen Pedaru nabbed four opening and closing slots, including the first and last looks at Salvatore Ferragamo, while both Daria Strokous and Nadja Bender booked three opening or closing slots (Bender perhaps with an edge thanks to leading Etro, Trussardi, and Emilio Pucci, not that Daria's ending outfit for Prada is anything to sniff at). Other notables on the catwalk included Joan Smalls, who closed both Fendi and Pucci's shows; Anja Rubik, with a double-whammy at Gucci; and Lea T, who opened and closed Philipp Plein's show. Click ahead to see these triumphs and more in our slideshow roundup.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate