Garage magazine's third-ever issue hits newsstands on September 10 and features three separate covers, one of which corresponds to "Text, Talk," a spread shot by Nick Knight starring Lindsey Wixson. Inspired by Roy Lichtenstein's pop art, an alternately blonde and ginger-haired Wixson enacts a plotline written by Perez Hilton (formatted as iPhone text messages instead of Lichtenstein's signature speech bubbles). Props include bananas, machine guns, and a fire extinguisher; her wardrobe features Prada and Versace. Check out our exclusive first look in the slideshow.
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Why Are Feminist Critics Hung Up on Playboy?
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
- California Revenge Pornographer Gets Five Years
- Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob