Another day, another cleverly romantic and emotionally manipulative wedding proposal. Last month, a Russian man made the news for faking his own death before proposing to his now wife. Today, the Daily News reports on the man who faked not only his own imminent death but also his beloved's before popping the Question. A handsome pilot (is there any other kind?) whose YouTube handle is Ryan Thompson posted a video in which he fakes a flight emergency and asks his equally telegenic girlfriend/co-pilot to read the emergency "ring engagement" procedure checklist. It ends in a marriage proposal, which must sound nice when so vividly contrasted with meeting one's demise in a fiery crash.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament