It's normal for runway models to make fitted clothes look loose, relaxed, or even baggy. What looks like a jegging on even the lankiest size-two woman fits like a trouser on Karlie Kloss. But at tonight's Helmut Lang show, it was clear that the shorts — worn with many of the label's trademark blazers and structured jackets — were meant to be nice and roomy. Cut to the upper thigh, they were hardly conservative, but thanks to some well-placed pleats they ballooned out from the waist to create a breezy effect. Should butt-sweat be an issue for you during the summer months (you're not alone — airflow, ladies, airflow), these puffy bottoms might be a worthwhile investment next spring.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate