When two Boston University hockey players were accused of sexual assault in a three-month period earlier this year, university officials did the responsible thing and launched an investigation to determine whether “the culture and climate of the ice hockey program contributed in some way to the alleged actions.” The report found that the players’ privileged status on campus — reinforced by academic special treatment and nonstop free drinks — fostered a “culture of sexual entitlement.” It failed to mention that some of some of the players don’t believe in consent and love group sex. Unpublished subcommittee reports obtained by the Boston Globe have all the lurid and depressing details, which school officials say were left out of the public report because they are unverified and to protect student’s identities.
• "BU hockey players, surrounded by adoring fans, had 'the perception that they need not seek consent for sexual contact.'"
• The players don't understand why their teammates were charged with sexual assault. “You don’t ask [permission for sex] when you are drunk,” one said.
• A female student who said a player "shoved his hands down her pants at a party and refused to stop even as she was punching him" didn't report the incident because “that’s just what [BU hockey players] do.”
• Coach Jack Parker "told the task force he had stressed the importance of being respectful to women and advised players to avoid group sex, which the confidential report notes players engage in with surprising regularity."
• Parker professed ignorance of the 2009 NCAA championship party where “dozens of guests drank from kegs in the locker room showers and took to the ice naked to shoot pucks” (“It was insane,” one attendee reported. “People were having sex in the penalty box”), but reprimanded the players for it shortly afterwards.
One player attributed the carte blanche given the team to the fact that Parker “cares too much about hurting the important players’ feelings." Parker lost his executive athletic director title but will continue to coach at the same salary.
Most Viewed Stories
I Tried Hillary Clinton’s Diet and Now I Sympathize With Her
Blake Lively Reportedly Just Gave Birth, and You’ll Never Guess Who’s Running to the Hospital
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Angelina Jolie Got Everything She Wanted in Temporary Divorce Deal With Brad Pitt
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
The Mysterious Deaths of Two Sisters in a Luxury Hotel
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
From Our Partners
The Zoe Report
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesThe Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.Santigold’s New Video Is the Result of a Spontaneous Run-in With Kara Walker
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Spotted Together Again, Love Might Be Real
They could be back together ahh!Teen, Forced to Go on Vacation With Her Family, Calls 911
The logical decision.Report: Hearst Fired Seventeen EIC Michelle Tan During Her Maternity Leave
Tan had been at the magazine for about two years.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.Miles Teller Is Still Upset About Being Called a Dick
He wants to set the record straight.Why Parents Shouldn’t Talk About Weight With Their Teens
New guidelines seek to banish weight talk.