Last year's feel-good movie of the holidays included this year's must-have accessory: bangs. Rooney Mara's blunt, brow-skimming ones have been all over the runways (Calvin Klein, Marni, Antonio Berardi, Versace). At the Oscars, Rose Byrne's longer, eye-grazing bangs stole the spotlight from her sequined Vivienne Westwood dress. Meanwhile, Zooey Deschanel's bangs practically have their own sitcom. So this week, The Cut's beauty section will be dedicated to the world of bangs: how to trim them at home, the best styling products, and more. First up, a segment on clip-ons. Click to watch as we invited men, women, and even one very patient yellow Lab to give stylist Ken Paves's faux-hair offerings a go. Some found them "liberating," others found them "anti-aging," and one person considered using them to stalk old boyfriends incognito.
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads
- Dirty Levi’s Jeans Sell for $36,100
- Best Bet: Mango Patterned Sweater
- Padma Lakshmi Played Belly-Button Peekaboo
- Canseco’s Latest Twitter Breakdown Is Not Funny