Though it may be difficult to imagine, there was a time when even Kate Moss was unknown, and Jourdan Dunn was simply another girl in the crowd. With New York Fashion Week starting tomorrow, there are plenty of models chomping at the bit to become the next big names. From former police officer Tamara Weijenberg and basketball player Grace Mahary to Elle Fanning lookalike Nastya Kusakina and Stef van der Laan, who — fun fact! — made a cameo on MTV's The City, we've rounded up ten up-and-comers poised to have breakthrough seasons. Click ahead for the full list, and then click through again and again, so you get used to seeing 'em around.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament