Though it may be difficult to imagine, there was a time when even Kate Moss was unknown, and Jourdan Dunn was simply another girl in the crowd. With New York Fashion Week starting tomorrow, there are plenty of models chomping at the bit to become the next big names. From former police officer Tamara Weijenberg and basketball player Grace Mahary to Elle Fanning lookalike Nastya Kusakina and Stef van der Laan, who — fun fact! — made a cameo on MTV's The City, we've rounded up ten up-and-comers poised to have breakthrough seasons. Click ahead for the full list, and then click through again and again, so you get used to seeing 'em around.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It To 'Saturday'
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel