The fashion crowds have now left Italy for Paris, but before eyes turn to heavyweights like Balenciaga, Chanel, and Alexander McQueen, let's take a moment to enjoy the spectacular dresses from the Milan shows that spanned the practical to the fantastical. On the former end of the spectrum, Jil Sander made a triumphant return to her eponymous label, showcasing her minimalist expertise with crisp origami-style pleating. Over at Dolce & Gabbana, the collection was filled with the sights and textures of Sicily, including landscape prints. Roberto Cavalli took a subdued (well, relatively) turn with laser-cut gowns, while Missoni went reductionist on their signature zigzags. Prada and Emilio Pucci turned their gaze East, drawing inspiration from the traditional garb of Japan and China. And lastly, Fendi closed the show with Joan Smalls clad in a bejeweled minidress that looked heavy enough to anchor a yacht. Click ahead to see all of these and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza