Presented in a huge, dark space entirely swathed in blackout curtains, the Theyskens' Theory spring 2013 collection was meant to evoke the deep sea. Designer Olivier Theyskens said he was inspired by underwater organisms, which he translated into strong shoulders, inky blue colors, and sparkly textures. Also of note: All the models wore damp, wavy wigs cropped to a chin-length bob, just like the one Theyskens himself just got (a drastic change from his signature long hair). "My personal perception changed a little bit," he said of his new haircut. Watch the full interview, plus more runway footage in our video.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb