Did you even stop to wonder why Ryan Lochte, one of the most ubiquitous and fawned-over attendees of New York Fashion Week, was actually there? His presence couldn't possibly have been motivated by shameless self-promotion, or the opportunity to brush shoulders (or knees) with Paris Hilton, Anna Wintour, and us, so the obvious answer is that he was here to do some shopping! From front-row dancing at Ralph Lauren to bromancing Conor Dwyer at Jeremy Scott, our favorite "jeah"-spouting swimmer was mentally adding items to his spring 2013 shopping cart. As a future designer himself, it makes total sense that Lochte would go to a show like Ralph Lauren, where he could play off menswear-inspired looks as actual menswear, but at shows like Milly and Rebecca Minkoff, we have to assume he was shopping for his mother, sister, or ... future girlfriend!? Click ahead to see Ryan and his dream girl wearing looks from the spring 2013 runways.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads
- Dirty Levi’s Jeans Sell for $36,100
- Best Bet: Mango Patterned Sweater
- Padma Lakshmi Played Belly-Button Peekaboo